Peel Regional Aquarium Club Fall Auction & Fish Show – Sunday October 27th, 2019
PRAC Annual Fall Auction & Show is held at The Bramalea Lions Hall and regularly attract buyers & sellers from around the Greater Toronto Area, all across Ontario, Quebec, New York State and beyond.
Our Aquarium Auction & Show has No Cover Charge and is Open To The Public, all tropical fish hobbyists, buyers and sellers of aquarium related items. The PRAC Auction often brings in 1000+ (mostly freshwater) items, including fish, invertebrates, esp. shrimp, aquatic plants not often seen in your LFS, (local fish store) & live food cultures bred & raised by local & out-of-town hobbyists. We'll also have Great Donations up for auction from Our Sponsors, please support them with your patronage. NEW & Used Equipment such as filters, heaters, tanks (40g &under), aquarium stands and dry goods such as books, food or other related aquatic items.
PRE–REGISTRATION for SELLERS is REQUIRED at MyGroupAuctions.com.
Plenty of Free Parking, Family Friendly & Lunch / Snacks / Refreshments available on site.
Buyers are welcome all day.
Would you like to Volunteer ? Student ? Need Hours ? Please Contact Us prior or see a PRAC Rep onsite. We welcome any help on the day of Auction or prior to ! Runners, Set-up, Clean-up, etc.
Auction Rules & Procedures
Buyers: Sunday Oct 27th, 2019, Auction starts at 10:00 AM,Buyers Auction Rules Printable PDF
- Doors Open at 9:00 AM for All Buyers wishing to participate at the PRAC auction. Bidder cards available at registration table onsite Form of payment : CASH ONLY, due on each winning bid. - ATM machine across the street - ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- Pre-registered buyers on MyGroupAuctions.com can preview online all lots available as they're entered the week before & during auction. You can also view item lots on tables prior to beginning of auction & during intermissions throughout the day. All upcoming lots will also be displayed on a presentation screen during auction.
- PRAC Auctions are live, lively & fast-paced, and is a variant of the Japanese Auction Style, except you remain seated & raise your bidder card in designated bidding areas only(main seating in front of auctioneers & in line at Cashier).
- To bid. . . raise your bidder card up at beginning of lot being auctioned & keep card raised as long as you're interested in this lot. Make sure the auctioneer sees or hears you (BE vocal, YUUUUP! Wave card around). If you lower your bidder card at any time, you will be considered out of the bidding for that particular lot. ONLY use bidder card to signal a bid (as auctioneer will not consider your hand). Last bidder card remaining up, wins bid & the item lot.
- Reminder : Auctioneers will announce each new bid & you will get a chance to raise your bidder card. But after bidding has started, no new cards will be recognized as active bidders. This is much simpler for the auctioneers to keep track of bidders.
- All items are sold on an "as is basis". Please, thoroughly inspect any items you are interested in before purchasing. Once the auctioneer announces an item sold, ownership immediately transfers to the winning bidder. PRAC representatives or auctioneers give no guarantee or warranty on any items in the auction.
- Runners bring all winning lots to cashier table. At this time, walk over to cashier, present your bidder card, pay for & take your items back to your seat. PRAC representatives will provide assistance to those who need extra help. When bidding on a number of lots in a row, you can wait to pay & collect your lots at the cashier within a reasonable time, no more than 5 minutes please.
- Once purchased, buyers are responsible for the security of their own lots or items. PRAC, auction staff, volunteers & venue will not be responsible for items once purchased. All purchased items must be removed by end of auction day.
- PRAC kindly asks all Styrofoam containers & coolers not be placed on chairs, but rather under chairs or placed at end of an aisle(without blocking) as seats & space will be limited. Please be courteous to your fellow hobbyist. Keep noise to a minimum. Please dispose of all garbage & recycling in designated receptacles. Our volunteers welcome your help to tidy up during & after the auction.
- Tables to be auctioned in random order, starting with the first. Remaining tables to be auctioned in random order & posted as the auction begins. PRAC Auction will NOT offer "bump-ups" on auction items, as we move quickly through the lots. Auction ends when all lots are sold, usually 3:30-5pm.
- Starting Price will be $2.00 & minimum bid increment will be $1.00 or more at the discretion of the auctioneer.
- The auctioneer's decision is final and absolute.
Sellers: Sunday Oct 27th, 2019, Auction starts at 10:00 AM, check-in for pre-registered items begins at 8:00 AMSellers Auction Rules Printable PDF
- One Week Ahead: Pre–Registration Starts Online for Sellers Friday, OCT 18th, 2019 9:00am to Saturday Oct 26th, 2019 6:00pm EST. Your lots can only be entered during this period at MyGroupAuctions.com. Please read the online user guide on how to register, add items, print sheets or labels, etc. Sellers must Pre–register by creating an account. After creating account, Join our PRAC Auction group, enter your items / lots, descriptions & your Images ( others may be subject to copyright ) You can also download & print sheets or labels for all your items.
- NEED HELP ? No Computer or email? Or would you like to Volunteer ? A PRAC Rep will be able to assist with Pre-Registering & entering lots online for those without means to do so. Sufficient Notice is required, preferably 2-3 days before auction. CALL OR TEXT: Inquiries to 416...885...5124
- IMPORTANT : 2 - 3 DAYS PRIOR to Bagging **STOP FEEDING YOUR FISH** Use 75% air & 25% Water (Never blow into bag with mouth). Close your bag by grabbing it high & twisting it down to form into a taut balloon. Use appropriate size bags. Large fish need large bags or can be in buckets, tanks and coolers to house fish for auction, & container will become part of and sold along with the fish it contains. Pairs, groups & aggressive fish can be split into multiple bags & tied together. NO USED bags! NO Twist Ties & NO ZIPLOC™ bags! Improperly bagged fish will be disallowed in auction. Livestock that die during auction will be removed & returned to the seller. Remember, healthy fish get higher prices. Leaking bags: a re-bagging fee of $2.00 each will be levied to sellers. PRAC reserves the right to reject any items or livestock that appears to be deformed, sick or otherwise unsuitable for sale.
- PRAC reserves the right to limit. Once entered on day of auction, items MAY NOT BE WITHDRAWN by seller. Sellers must be present to register items. Minimum bids can be entered upon online registration but may not be changed during the auction without the consent of the auction chair.
- Day of Auction : PRAC will ONLY accept Pre–registered items or lots entered on MyGroupAuctions.com website before the deadline (See Sellers Rule 1). ***Absolutely NO WALK-INS ON DAY OF AUCTION***( See Sellers Rule 3 for assistance)
- Day of Auction : Check–in for Pre–Registered Sellers begins at 8:00 AM & finishes at 9:45 am. Please arrive early with your lots and report to a PRAC representative to receive your Official PRAC pre-printed labels.
- Day of Auction : Affix PRAC labels, to your lots, then submit all your items back to a PRAC rep for inspection and table placement. If a label is altered in anyway, it may be rejected. Missing pre-registered lots not brought to the auction, the seller must hand back these PRAC labels so lots can be retired from our auction system.
- All “No Sale” lots will be put aside to be picked up by the seller. Any lots not claimed after end of auction, will become property of PRAC and disposed of at the discretion of the auction chair.
- Sellers Payment: Once all lots have been auctioned off, the Auction Program will close &sellers will receive a report for review. Please have your bidder card & Proof of I.D. ready for verification. Seller/Club split 70%/30% of the proceeds of a sale. No sellers will be paid out until the end of the entire auction. No Exceptions. Should you decide not to wait for payment; cheques will be mailed to the address you registered online within 7 - 10 business days. A $4.00 admin fee will be deducted from the total owing to cover additional costs of mailing. Also, if PRAC encounters technical difficulties, cheques will be mailed in the same manner.
- Neither PRAC, volunteers nor the auction site will be held responsible for loss, damage or injury occurring during the event.
- Sellers entering the following information into the “description” field in
MyGroupAuctions.com usually benefit from higher prices. Quantity in Bag e.g. (3x Moscow Guppy). Species Name (Latin & common if available).
Photos (mature fish preferred) can also be downloaded.
- PAIR male/female of a species
- TRIO 2 females & 1 male
- REVERSE TRIO 2 males & 1 female
- BREEDING PAIR/TRIO/GROUP successfully spawned
- All Equipment & Dry Goods must be BNIB 'Brand New In Box or Bag' or USED, in proper working order
& clean. PRAC reserves the right to reject any item that appears to be unsuitable for sale at the auction. **Absolutely NO USED GRAVEL or ROCKS.
** Restricted Plants or Livestock by federal or provincial statutes will NOT be accepted.
See List Below.
- USED ITEMS 'YES' LIST
- Aquariums up to 40gal & / or stands
- Books ( related to Aquarium Hobby )
- Filters, Heaters, Air pumps, Canopies & Light Fixtures
- Driftwood, Collectables
- Food & Medication (Un-opened & not-expired) is acceptable.
PRAC thanks you very much for your continued support of our aquarium fish club!
Where is the PRAC Aquarium Auction & Fish Show ?
PRAC Club Links
PRAC 2019 Show Entry Form pdf
PRAC 2019 ShowTags.pdf
PRAC 2019 ShowTags Windows
PRAC 2019 ShowTags Mac
- On Sunday Oct 27th, 2019, PRAC Fish Show will be open to the public & all Aquarium Enthusiasts.
- PRAC has invited Specialty Clubs / Organizations to host & judge the show.
The Clubs are:
- Anyone is eligible to enter any number of fish. You need not be a member of an Aquarium club.
- Registration opens 8:00am & all fish must be registered by 9:45am.
- Entrants must provide their own clear container (with the required one flat side & a cover which can be removed for judging) and water for each entry in show. We will also post the winners on our website
- We will announce when the Show opens for public viewing, usually after 2:00 pm or when judging is complete.
- Get your Tropical Fish ready for a fantastic Aquarium Show with 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prize in each Class & Best of Show for each Category
- General Show Rules in the blue bars. Please also refer to each Club's Own rules in the blue button bars above.